Partnership and Linked Groups – the details
Purposes of Partnership
To enable organisations whose ethos and objectives are consistent with PACT to be able to share a mutual channel of communication and support with member churches in whatever ways are considered appropriate.
Process of Partnership
An organisation expressing interest will be supplied with a copy of this document and the PACT Constitution. Should they wish to proceed, their application will be considered at the next convenient PACT Executive Meeting. This application should be made by written document presented by the applicant, preferably in person.
The application will be discussed by the Committee who will endeavour to arrive at a decision not later than the following Committee meeting and the Chairman will write to the applicant to inform them of that decision. This will mark their partnership.
The Secretary will arrange for the list of partnership bodies to be updated and for all members of PACT and its partnership bodies to be informed of the new partnership.
Partnership bodies’ expectations of PACT
- will disseminate information about the partnership body to members of PACT and other partnership bodies
- will offer the use of its logo and name to partnership bodies
- will publicise where possible the range of activities that it supports by partnership
- will provide a forum for discussion to which representatives of partnership bodies may be invited
- PACT will not provide insurance cover nor have any obligation to provide finance.
PACT’s expectations of partnership bodies
- will actively support PACT and other partnership bodies
- will provide an annual report for the PACT AGM and be represented at the meeting
It is expected that partnership bodies will not engage in any activity inconsistent with the objectives or ethos of PACT but, should they be deemed to have done so, the Executive Committee reserves the right to withdraw their partnership.
Purposes of Linking
To further the common purpose of PACT and its linked bodies by co-operation in support of the community.
Process of Linking
In the light of their normal community activities, PACT and its potential linked bodies are likely to recognise that positive co-operation between them will be beneficial to the community. Either PACT or the potential linked body may therefore seek to set up a linking through their Management Committees.
Joint Expectations of Linking
When PACT and its linked bodies identify areas of mutual interest they will liaise to gain maximum benefit from working together.