Minutes of the PACT AGM - Wednesday 13 January 2016, St Peter's
Present: (PACT Committee) Rev’d Canon Will Hughes (Chair), Paula Hudson (Secretary), David and Carolyn Barton, Rev Judith Bee, Hilary Bonney, John Callaghan, Tim Concannon, Max Cross, Vanessa Rowse, Brian Edwards, Father Peter Hollins, Helen Mason, Simon Mason, Captain Linda Read, Rev Richard Saunders, David Storey, John Studd, Christine Tully.
Also Present: Janet Colby, Christine Edwards, Janetta Dobinson, John and Trisha Ide, Paul and Frances Nickell, Carole Rendle, Lis Scott, Belinda Shaw, Sheila Silk, Sally Smith, Liz Studd, Monica Taylor, Terry Thraves, Manon Voller, Jill Watts.
Apologies from: Emma Dean, Rev’d David Rice, Lindy Young, Rev’d John Owen.
1. Introduction: Rev’d Canon Will Hughes opened the meeting with prayer.
2. Minutes for last AGM: (14 January 2015): Minutes agreed.
3. Matters Arising: None raised.
4 Chairman’s Report: Reports under items 4 and 5 were displayed on screen and copies circulated. Copies of reports are available on the PACT website at: www.pact.org.uk/reports_intro.asp - click 2015 under each group’s report.
5. PACT Partnered and Linked Groups Reports given:
6. Other Reports:
- Frances Nickell, secretary of the Petersfield Counselling Service, reported they were in need of premises, and funding to pay for premises and Supervisors. They have 16 professional/ volunteer counsellors but it costs work out about £45 per session. This is an important service, chaired by Robert Gussman.
- Tricia Ide of Theophostic Prayer Ministry will do a report for the website. They are now called Transformation Prayer Ministry and are using the Immanuel Approach.
7. Accounts: Christine Tully, Treasurer, presented accounts for PACT and Holiday Club for YE 30.9.15, circulated signed copies, explained items in the report and invited questions. Separate Foodbank Bank Account to be set up, but in this period Foodbank figures included in PACT accounts. PACT income mainly from subscriptions from PACT churches. The amount given is in relation to the size of their congregations. Main expenditure is on Easter and Christmas cards and inserts. Chair expressed thanks to Chris. The meeting agreed to ratify and accept the accounts.
8. Elections: PACT Chair/Vice Chair/Convenors Helen and Simon Mason from Life Church and Tim Concannon from St Laurence were elected to supercede PACT Chair Rev Canon Will Hughes. (Simon or Helen alternate as representatives at PACT meetings due to other commitments.) They will act jointly as Convenors rather than as Chair and Vice Chair.
- Treasurer: Chris Tully was re-elected as Treasurer
- Secretary: Paula Hudson as Secretary.
9. Future dates and events: Chair invited churches to announce special events being arranged for this year.
- Salvation Army Anniversary: Captain Linda Read invited everybody to join their 130 year celebrations Praise in the Park with the Fellowship Band of the Salvation Army at TPS next year (see 10.below), and provide a stall.
- Salvation Army is raising funds for a building for Bexley Heath Salvationists with a sponsored road show at 10 different churches, visiting locally on Saturday 16th January 4pm. Guests welcome but numbers limited.
- Womens’ World Day of Prayer: Friday 4th March Rev Sylvia Roberts was organizing and has the paperwork but she has been taken into hospital. Helen Mason said she would co-ordinate if volunteers to help would contact her about the service.
- Encountering God’s Love Refreshing Day Thursday 10th March 7.30pm and Friday 11th March 10am-4pm at the Methodist Church with Paul Skelton (founder of HOTS , Bath.)
SUMMARY of Dates and Events
PACT Committee meetings 2016
- Next date proposed: Tuesday 9th February. Email sent by convenors to confirm if date convenient. Location tbc as Salvation Army premises unavailable.
Other PACT events 2016
- Sunday 17 January 4pm – PACT Celebration Service – introduction of Convenors
- Good Friday 25th March – Service in the Square, led by Simon and Helen Mason
Other Events in 2016
- Friday 4th March Women’s’ World Day of Prayer
- Thursday 10th March 7.30pm and Friday 11th March 10am-4pm Encountering God’s Love Refreshing Day Methodist Church with Paul Skelton
- May 29th – Centenary . Commemoration of award of Victoria Cross to Captain Loftus Jones. He was from Petersfield and died at Jutland when HMS Shark blown up. Schools projects
- 11/12th June Salvation Army 130 Year Anniversary Celebration. ( 12 noon 11th June TPS – Praise in the Park – charity stalls from other churches invited.)
10. Closing prayer: The meeting ended with saying a prayer together.