faith comment newsletters annual reports archives audio video minutes Petersfield Radio

Minutes of the Co-ordinating Committee Meeting held in
St Laurence Church Hall on Wednesday 24 April 2019 at 7:30 pm

Purpose of Meeting: A forum for ‘communion’ and communication between PACT churches, PACT organisations and local Christians, to facilitate events aimed at increasing opportunities for joint worship, witness and work between PACT churches.

Chair: Richard Saunders

1) Introduction, Bible reading and prayer
Richard read from John 21, Jesus and the miraculous catch of fish.

2) Appointment of Secretary
The appointment of Hilary Bonney as secretary was agreed.
Karen Glanville was thanked for standing in for today’s meeting.

3) Apologies for absence
Judith Bee, Amanda Greenlee, Helen Mason, Simon Mason, Jenny Parkes, Josh Thomas, Stephen Wright

4) Items for discussion under Item 10 (late and short items only please)
Anti-social behaviour, Christian Aid collection, recycling

5) Minutes of the last meeting 27th February and matters arising
Minutes available at http://www.pact.org.uk/pact-minutes.asp )
Thanks were given to Anna for taking the last minutes.

PACT website: John Studd has distributed a questionnaire to the committee for feedback before sending it around the churches. It was agreed that a note should be added at the bottom clarifying how long people’s details will be kept for, explaining that details will be kept securely and informing people who they should contact if they wish to have their details removed. It was also agreed that any emails sent should have an ‘unsubscribe’ option, that there is a need for a PACT Data Protection Officer and for a written GDPR policy.

Actions: John to edit the questionnaire, adding the note at the bottom, removing Christian Aid, Tearfund and Petersfield Housing Association from the list of groups and adding Messy Church; John to check with all the group leaders that they are happy for people to be contacted about their group; John to speak to Helen Mason about the data protection officer role; John to speak to Josh Thomas about putting a link to the community radio podcast on the website.

Future speakers: there is going to be an event at the URC church about climate change and so it was agreed not to repeat this.
Action: David to approach a speaker about speaking on refugees and asylum seekers.

6) Treasurers report – Christine Tully
Christine reported that she has not yet received all churches’ subscriptions. The main expense is the Christmas and Easter cards and the subscriptions are timed to cover this, however PACT did not receive enough in subscriptions in March to cover the cost of the Easter cards. Those churches with outstanding subscriptions were named.

Actions: Christine to send out another reminder; those present will speak to their church treasurer if their subscription is outstanding.

7) Popup Prayer Shop – Ascension Day to Pentecost 31/05 – 08/06
An update (See https://www.thykingdomcome.global/ for more information on the worldwide vision.)
Richard reported that the organising group has had a first meeting and is viewing a possible shop tomorrow, the old Thornton’s shop. It is hoped that each church will host a day, with two people hosting in the shop at all times. At least one of the two should be safely recruited with a valid DBS. The shop will be open 6am-9pm during the week and for slightly shorter hours at the weekend. It may link up with the town chaplaincy to operate on Friday and Saturday evenings. People will be able to book one-hour slots for prayer through the PACT website. It is hoped that there will also be some events organised by the host churches. Helen Mason is organising Messy Prayer, there will be a youth event and possibly a seniors event. There will be a number of different prayer stations. It will be an opportunity to pray for the town, for God’s Kingdom to come, for people to come to know Jesus and for friends. Hope Church would like to be involved and the committee welcomed this news. There will be a training session for hosts on Friday 17th May, 7.45pm at the URC church.

Action: Richard asked for prayer for the right property, for the church leaders encouraging people, for people to sign up and for people to catch the vision.

8) Events since last meeting:

9) Reports/updates/actions

Action: Richard to speak to Life Church and the Salvation Army

All at 7.30pm except 13/11 which will be at 7.45pm. All at St Laurence Church Hall

10) Any other business

11) Closing prayer

web design by SiteWeave