Above: Commisioning the Chaplaincy Team at the Service for Christian Unity, St Peter's 20 January 2013
A Christian organisation providing a listening ear and seeking to build bridges of understanding and trust between industry, commerce, faith and society.
Who are we?
- The Chaplaincy is made up of individuals who believe in the Christian faith and are motivated by it to offer help to our town
- The Chaplaincy is made up of individuals from all walks of life. e.g. teaching, business, public sector and ministry
- The Chaplaincy is an independent partnership group within PACT
How did we start?
- Individuals in the churches wanted to go out and serve in their community
- Agreement by all churches under PACT to form a team
- Team visited similar groups working in other towns
- A small team of four trustees and Chaplaincy volunteers worked out a plan
- The Chaplaincy team received initial training
- The plan is now being implemented, training is on-going
What do we offer?
- Complimentary service to employers and employees of any faith or none
- An empathetic listening ear
- Support and encouragement to people at work and in our town
We can help
By making referrals to other professional organisations that can assist with specific issues.
Rt Rev'd Christopher Foster, anglican Bishop of Portsmouth
Rear Admiral Paul Hoddinott CB, OBE
Some of the Chaplaincy Team with MP Damian Hinds
Contact John Callaghan - firstname.lastname@example.org - 07933 479701
To be informed of the activities of Petersfield Town Chaplaincy subscribe to the Chaplaincy email group